Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for developing and testing solutions to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, inspection, and maintenance. Assists engineers, inspects products, conducts tests, and collects data.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems in a variety of industries.
- Assist engineers and chemists as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Perform extensive research and development during creation phase of product.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests and collect data.
- Assist in product ensign, development, and production.
- Build and set up equipment.
- Prepare and conduct experiments.
- Calculate or record results during experiments.
- Create prototypes of equipment.
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting equipment during design phase.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Program and run computer simulations to test designs virtually.
- Design, develop, test, and manufacture electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems.
- Develop methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B. Eng.) or 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.